Usually either the equation classes or the lunge line (yearling or 2 year old) I must have a short attention span both usually last under 2 minutes per exhibitor!
22) What's in your cooler at a horse show
Sports drinks and lots of water. I have a weird system in that I have to maintain a strict salt/water ratio. If I drink too much water I get a migraine Too much salty food, same thing. (And yes my blood pressure stays good during all of this) Chiro has related it to my muscles and how they function but keeping on track of my salt and water intake is very important when showing in the heat. Other than that usually snacks like fruit, cheese and dry cereal.
23) One thing about showing (or riding in general) you wish you could change
Expense. To go to shows with good judges, it costs money. I wish I had more money. Also as much as I love the stock horses and the western pleasure, I dont like how the horses are moving right now.
24) Your ringside crew
D and C are wonderful but because I show on my own, all of the barn parents, and significant others are a big help to me when I need a hand. They help with everything from carrying things from my car to giving me a hand with my chaps. We all cheer each other on and BBQ when everything is done for the day.
25) Best prizes
I love the cooler I won with Lucas, but I especially love the jacket Lucy and I won this summer. And can I just say I love trophys?!? I love having that memory of the show that I can display in my house. If I get something practical it gets used and abused in the barn! (And by this I mean brushes, buckets ect)
![]() |
| Lucas and his cooler |
![]() |
| Jacket and trophy |
![]() |
| haul from Lucy's last show |



2 comments:
Wohoo! Congrats on finishing "the challenge"!!
I love all the prizes you've won! The only thing I've brought home are ribbons. Maybe someday we will get out hooves in a cooler
Post a Comment