6) Favorite equestrian book and movie
Ummm Jilly Cooper's Riders for sure. I re-reading it for like the 7th time right now. Movie, most likely International Velvet. The horsey stuff is correct, which drives me crazy in most horse movies.
7) Most common riding misconception
That I suck. No really, most days I wonder how I stay on! I think my lack of confidence gets me in more trouble than anything else.
8) 2 riding strengths and 1 riding weakness.
Belive it or not my lack of riding confidence is also a big help to me, I'm never afraid to ask for someone elses opinion on my riding or on what my horse is doing.
My legs are good, solid basis of support. Even with my bum ankle my legs are always able to tell the horses what I want when I want it.
My biggest riding weakness is my inability to "let go" with my hands. Lucas made it worse, but Lucy helped me figure it out, its still something that I struggle with somedays.
9) Least favorite thing about horses and/or riding.
How absolutely heartbreaking it can be some days. There have been lots of times that I wish I could have loved a non animal sport. Hockey sticks usually don't break your heart by turning up lame before the big show, or by being starved by the person you sold them too.
10) What do you feed your horse?
Well for "my" horse (either Chilly or Oscar) both get a scoop and 1/2 of whole oats, and Oscar gets MSM. They only get grain at night right now. They have free choice hay or haylage outside and more when they go in their stalls at night (about 2 large flakes worth).
3 comments:
Loving an animal, especially horses, can be so, so tough sometimes.
They definitely can break your heart... but I also think there's nothing quite as rewarding as loving a horse.
I loooooooooooove "Riders" - It is such a fantastic book!
I agree Tracy, a hockey stick cannot love you back!
Lauren - I love all the Jilly Cooper books but Riders and Polo are my favorites.
Post a Comment