Friday, December 27, 2013

Crazy Christmas, crazy weather

I haven't been out to the barn much at all over my week's vacation.  Either I had family stuff going on, or it was storming (freezing rain and another 20 cm of snow (total over the past 3 days)).  The one day I did get to go out it was -20, too cold to work the ponies in that.

I got out this afternoon for a quick break in between boxing day shopping with my mom and visiting with friends in the afternoon.  Chilly was not excited to work and even bucked on the lunge line!  She never bucks so it was quite unusual for her.  So we went from having goals of lunging and driving with the bit, to lunging only with the bit, to me having to take the bit off her and put her back into the side pull to lunge her, and no driving of any sort got done.  Oh well that is how it goes with babies I guess!

Oscar is good, but managed to break his halter somehow over the past two days... sigh... I guess I should be happy that it was leather, and it did break.  But now it needs to be fixed.

And for an intresting photo comparison, her are 2 pictures of Chilly, (the first two, please excuse the messy floor, and the round spot on Chilly's hip is a bite mark) and a picture of Lucy from last spring.  They are really starting to look alike!  

1 comment:

Adventures of the Super Ponies said...

Hi!! I am just getting caught up since I have been a deliquent blogger. Love to see you riding and keeping up the good fight. The days are getting longer, hang in there. I remember freezing my arse off in alaska in the dark.