Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The 5 day challenge day 3

11) Critique your horse's conformation

Doing Oscar because he's easy.  His hind end is very weak, and his hocks are set out behind him.  His neck is tied in a bit high, and he is very narrowly built.  He's also slab sided (mostly a result of him being so narrow)  He does have a good slope to his shoulder and a kind eye which makes up for some of his faults :)

12) Horses favorite riding excercise

Oscar likes long trotting.  And showmanship (I think that should count)  Chilly likes being ridden lol she doesnt know much about it yet!

13) Favorite spa day products

I love vetrolin products, small (SHARP) rubber curry's.  (I go though 2-3 a year)  and I love natural bristled brushes.

14) Three best things about your horse

Oscar is completely trustworthy (but he hates cows), I know that no matter what kind of a day I am having health wise, Oscar will do his best to do what I'm asking him to do, and to be as easy on me as possible when I'm having a bad day.  I can also put anyone on him that visits me or the barn.  He'll pack them around and make them feel like real 'riders', I think thats what he does with me too!

15) Favorite picture of your horse

One of each of the horses that I've loved over the past couple of years

Lucas
Chilly
Oscar
Lucy

4 comments:

Tracy said...

I love my steady eddy horse -- it's so nice to know sometimes you can just get on and do whatever and not have to be "on" every. single. stride

SheMovedtoTexas said...

That's a really sweet picture of Chilly.

Lindsey said...

Chilly's face made me look twice...red horse and white face always do now that I own a similar looking one!

Justaplainsam said...

I agree Tracy, its nice to have a horse you dont have to worry about.

Thanks Lauren and CBL! I was actually looking though old pics today and its scary how much Chilly looks like Sassy the Appaloosa I used to show.