Sunday, December 1, 2013

The 5 day Challenge Day 1

Copied from She Moved to Texas!

1) Most Influential Person on Your Riding. 

I think this is a multi part answer, my best friend has been a huge influence on me for the past 9 years that I've known her.  From dragging me to horse shows when all I wanted to do was sit at home and mope, to being a sounding board for riding problems, and concerns.

My other one would be my first riding instructor ever.  From teaching me to tack up when I was 7 to having training discussions with me last fall when I'm 31 she has been a great sounding board when I need an outside perspective.

2) Piece of tack you'd love to splurge on.

I think my new to me Wenger show saddle counts (since I'm still paying for it!).  But I'd love some good show bridles, and I'd love a brand new pair of custom field boots.

3) Top 5 riding playlist.

Anything country really, as long as it has a good beat.

4) Most important aspect of your barn

The people.  And the fact they let me play with all of the horses and do just about anything with them.  The stuff we do as a barn family is always a blast even if we don't have horses involved.  I also love the fact that although we can get lessons at any time from either C or D, the indoor is almost always open to ride in every night/day.  Even when someone is having a lesson, everyone tries to accommodate everyone else and work together so that we can all ride and be home at a decent hour.

5) Three winter riding goals

1-to ride on a regular basis (Both horses!)
2-to take Chilly to a clinic (either in barn or off property)
3-to work on showmanship at least once a week with Chilly


2 comments:

SheMovedtoTexas said...

I think people are hugely important to barn happiness!

Tracy said...

I TOTALLY agree about the people -- they can make or break a barn for me so quickly.