Friday, January 28, 2011

So now I have hives

And I am soooooo itchy!!!!! The benadryl is helping but I didnt want to take it either before driving or working with Lucas so I went a little longer between pills. Not huge lumpy ones but like every hair follicle is itchy just a million little red dots. *Sigh* Most likely its an interaction between all of the drugs (my usual, plus the antibiotic and the nasal spray steroids) but it has happened before when I get super sensitive with my dust allergy. Its been almost 10 years since my last real 'break out' so Im washing everything in my room tomorrow to make sure that's not it.

Lucas was AWESOME tonight. We had a great time driving around and working on keeping him light and forward. Its fun to see how I can manipulate his body with the lines, not the same as having legs on him but its a different perspective on him and his interactions with things. I really think that he becomes a 'jerk' because hes board. All of this driving and doing something new every minute or two (to avoid repetative strain on his front legs) Ive really seen an improvement in his attitude over his riding attitude. If I keep his mind busy he doesn't need to make up stuff to keep his own mind busy. I also managed to turn him out to play for 10 min before I tacked him up and that seems to help his mind frame as well, gives him a chance to get the sillys out.

2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

The hives! Ouch! I hate to be itchy like that. Hope they stop soon.

Watching the horse on the lines is a great way to get perspective on how they move and react. Sounds like he's doing really well.

Becky said...

I know this is an older post so you probably aren't suffering from itchiness, but here are two things I learned with my battle with PUPPP while pregnant:

Grandpa's Par Tine Soap --- wash with it in the shower with cool water.

Sarna lotion immediately afterwards for the itching