Monday, September 3, 2012

Riding

So I managed to get another ride in today. It was more of a get on and mosey along kind of day.  D mentioned that he was happy I kept riding yesterday, I asked why and he replied "well Oscar was really hot for him yesterday" and then we all almost fell over laughing.  He is such a different horse than Lucas that even on his 'hot' days hes still extremely easy going.

We didn't do too much today, just lunged him for 2 minutes, and then we rode around some cones, and over the poles and bridge that are still set up for trail.  We are still figuring each other out, my balance still isn't great, I'm still 'wiggly' when I get a response that I wasn't expecting from Oscar.  I did shorten my struipps  a hole to see if that helps some (and my new boots do not have a crepe soles) and it does a bit.  I'm still very much in the 'trying to stay on' phase more than the 'fix the horse' stage.  I am so glad to have Oscar to ride though this phase, he is very forgiving of my mistakes, and is happy to go to work every time he sees me.

I'm off for my IV tomorrow and I go back to work tomorrow as well!  Not looking foreword to opening up my work email in the morning!

No comments: