So I went back out and rode again today. Things are going good. Oscar and myself have a good working relationship, I ask for something, he hesitates just long enough to make sure I'm ready and then he does it, until he can feel me get wobbly. At which point he stops waits for me to get sorted out then he resumes his task. He doesn't get mad or upset, C and I think that hes laughing politely in his head at me. While Lucas seemed to think my bad moments were holding "us" back, Oscar seems to think that its a game to stay underneath me while I figure out my balance issues.
He also ran to the gate today when I called for him.
However after our first ride I haven't loped on him since. My balance and core body strength is getting much better and I knew that it would have to before I would be comfortable loping. Its just taking that step again to actually doing it.... Oscars jog is lovely but the downfall of an extremely broke pleasure horse is a horse with not so great hocks. They are fused, and do not hurt him but they make his lope "bouncy" and hard to sit to.
So I am going to ride a couple of times over the weekend and this coming week and I decided that if I can t do it on my own by Thursday/Friday then D is going to give me a bit of a lesson and help me get loping. D thinks I'm doing just fine on my own and that I know the limits of my body and I should listen to them (most of the time) but I think that I am ready for this step I just need a little push.
No comments:
Post a Comment