Today was the first warm weekend we've had in a long time. So some of the kids and I took advantage of the warm weather (and the hot water heater) and gave Lucas and one of the lesson horses a bath.
I did Lucas while they were finishing up with lessons and he was his usual self in the wash bay, not great but much better than how he acted the last time I had him in there. (when I had to soak his hoof and he freeked out) I then cliped his mussel, star, and then his bridle path. The only thing still looking scruffy was his ears so I put the twitch on him in his stall and did his ears in there. He wasnt to sure about it at first, but stood quietly at the end. Hopefully next time we can start working on doing it without the twitch.
Good news is that we might be finaly able to use the outdoor arena tomorrow! Im not sure if I'll ride him outside tomorrow or next week but it will be so nice to get out of the indoor finaly!
Ive been thinking about our ride on thursday and it was really the first time that hes really been solid on both reins, and that i really had controle of his outside sholder. Hopefully if we ride tomorrow it will be even better
1 comment:
yay for getting a bad and hopefully getting outside!!
Post a Comment