Please don't think I'm hard hearted after my last post. It was a rough night but the accountant in me worries about practical things once the panic and heartache goes away.
In other news, I did showmanship with Chilly on Tuesday night, I did put her in the show halter which is a bit big, but she looked very cute in it. I did take some pictures but they are not the greatest of her. I hope to get some body shots of her, but she wants to be close to me so getting far enough away to take a picture is rough.
Thursday night I took Oscar out for a ride. He was WILD! A couple of weeks of not being ridden hard (bad cold on my part, then it was too cold to get him working very hard) I lunged him, but he spooked when I threw a pylon into a corner so he went back out on the line again where he bucked for another two circles before he settled down.
I tried to keep his mind active, to keep him from thinking about spooking (like he has the last couple of rides, no actual spook, but serious thinking about it) So we spent 20 minutes doing everything but going consistently on the rail. I did do two trips around each way at a rising trot but that was to push him out of a little funk he got into for some reason. 10, 20, 5 meter circles at the walk and trot, 20 at the lope along with 1/2 diagonals at the lope. He loves flying changes but my body doesn't so we stayed away from those. Ended with two tracking, shoulders in and spins. He was a much more content horse by the time I got off. I think he's been board silly the past couple of weeks.
I'm getting a lesson tomorrow but on C's Appaloosa instead of Oscar. Looking foreword to riding a new horse for a change!
1 comment:
UGH is right! Oscar is on his third halter this winter. I think for the most part he breaks them for something to do!
Post a Comment