Thursday, February 20, 2014

Well we've been hit with some serious winter weather again which has meant that my one barn visit this week consisted of worming Oscar (then giving him an apple), and doing showmanship with Chilly.

I think Chilly was a little disappointed with me, D had ridden her about 2 hours before hand, and she just kind of looked at me like "seriously, again?". 

But she was good, her set up's were slow but correct (and if shes anything like her mother, that's her way of silently protesting that she doesn't want to do showmanship).  We had some really good trot off's, and her pivots were good, slow, but correct.  I only had to poke her shoulder occasionally to remind her to cross her front legs. 

Me and the head boss had a talk, he admitted that although he's disappointed (at the time that it happens) that I have to have the time off for the medical appointments, he does understand that I don't have much of a choice in the matter.  So the promotion is not yet official, but its looking good.

My Surgeons appointment was canceled until the end of March thanks to the crappy weather this week.  So no answers yet but its not the end of the world, I could be still waiting for that first appointment!

No comments: