I had this written out, and then D messaged me on facebook....
First foal of 2013. And he made it by 3 days! This is the foal out of Tanker (Lucas' love pony) and by Chevy. Hes an average height colt, which is good and bad. Good because Tanker is short and that is one of the things the owner wanted to improve on, and bad because it meant that he had a bit of a hard time learning how to get his head in the right spot to nurse. And thanks to Tankers feeding program over the past couple of months he came out with a body looking more like a week old colt than a just born baby.
Hes a dark bay with white on all four legs, a star and a long snip. So cute!
I had gone to facebook to grab a photo of the baby to post, and realized that I had a private message from D and C.
They lost the foal this afternoon.
He was up, he was healthy, passing poop and pee, and eating last night when I saw him. Tankers poor owner is only 13, the poor kid was so happy last night with the baby.
This horse thing isn't for the faint of heart.
3 comments:
That's such a shame. I guess we never know why some things happen.
so so sorry to hear about this :(
Geez, what a shame. So sad.
Post a Comment