Sunday, January 20, 2013

From -17 yesterday to + 6 today!

And almost all of the new snow we got yesterday (10cm) has almost completely melted.  We got all the chores done, all the outside water tubs free of ice, and all of the inside buckets clean as well.  When its as cold as its been, making sure they have water it tough enough, let alone them having clean buckets to drink out of.

And I had a great ride on Oscar.  I so miss riding when it is warm, you guys down south have no idea!  My fingers and feet stayed warm, and I didn't have to keep my face berried in a scarf the entire time.  We had a good ride with one of the kids, we both needed to work on keeping Oscar's and Annie's shoulders up, which helped a lot with our lope transitions later.  So we did lots of circles and leg yielding, along with walk/trot transitions.  I also did a bunch of rising trot and 2 point which always helps my seat. A little extra work for a lot of extra gain.

No comments: