Things did not go as well tonight on my ride alone as they did on the weekend when D was helping! However we did have a good ride, and Oscar has started listening to my voice commands which helps in the downward transitions if I get loose in the saddle at the lope.
We mostly did some 2 tracking, and trying to lift his shoulders up. Then I did do a couple of half circles at the lope.
You have to realize this is the 4th time I've loped since my last bad lesson on Lucas. Oscar is such a confidence booster, hes calm, willing and ready to go and do 'something'. His worst thing that he does is try and bite you when you are tacking him up, and even that is less now that he has the new "fuzzy" girth.
2 comments:
You are so inspiring. It has to be hard to get in the saddle everyday with the physical challenges. You are an example of a real horse person. You are ridin because you love it no matter what life throws at you!
Ps. Which lami cel model do you have? I was thinking of gettin a different model for my second helmet.
Thanks :) I appreciate the words of encouragement. Some days its tough because I can remember how good I was... even my best day now isn't close but you are right I'm riding because I love it!
http://www.horseloverz.com/Helmets/601807-Lami-Cell-Competitor-Riding-Helmet.html
This is the helmet that I have. It is the most comfortable helmet I have ever owned. It is a bit hot in the summer, but It fit so much better than the ones with vents I bought it instead. Its also affordable!
Post a Comment