Bella drove me crazy yesterday, turned her out in the indoor and then couldn't catch her for over an hour (trying to catch her for 10 min, taking a break so we both didn't over heat and then trying to catch her again). I ended up closing all of the barn doors and letting her walk loose into her stall. Not the best solution but I had to do something.
Tonight I caught her several times in her stall handled her all over and attached a 3 foot rope to her halter. This way we have a way of grabbing her even if we cant get too close to her head. Funnily enough you can rub her all over, but she doesn't want you grabbing the bottom of her halter for some reason..
So much silliness over something so simple, but if I don't nip it in the bud now we'll have even bigger issues when shes older.
2 comments:
awww dear, hopefully she will get used to it sooner rather than later. :) xx
Last winter, I was out in a field with my friend for almost 2 hours trying to to catch her new horse. What a PITA! He is much better now. It's too bad his original owner didn't take the time to work with him in this area.
Post a Comment