We are just finishing up another show this week, the local county exabition is on in a town about 15 minutes from home. All the kids from the barn are there with their horses and some have cattle and sheep at the show as well.
Most of our barn kids are involved in 4-H and its nice to see large numbers competing in all the events over the week. A couple have qualified to go onto our provincial show at the end of September (Pro-show) with their horses and cattle. Our 'barn slave' got grand champion Beef of the 4-H show so we have our fingers crossed that she gets picked at pro-show to go to the Royal Winter Fair show in Toronto in November.
I unofficaly start my lease on Oscar tomorrow. Its all done but the paper work and figuring out how much/ who I'm paying, and even then its not a big deal. Oscars owner and her parents are on Newfoundland this week getting her moved into dorm and making sure she knows how to find her way around St. John's. We'll get it sorted out when her parents get home.
Turns out the farm that had the only show I got to go to in the spring with Lucas is having a fall show on Oct. 13th. Hopefully me and Oscar can get to know each other quickly and we can go to that show and actually show western for the first time in years! I just need to figure out how to lope on him!
No comments:
Post a Comment