But we have the chores figured out, C is driving back and forth to the hospital and home and doing AM chores and her own job before driving to the city to visit and wait with D. They are hoping that his surgery will be tomorrow. C's bother and sister-in-law came up tonight and put round bales in for the outside horses (they have a farm about 2 km away). C S-I-L said that the a lot is going to rest on the surgery and the surgeon, cross your fingers for him. He will survive, but the mobility of his arm may be affected.
In other news Lucas is ok, the small swelling is still there (and it is just a bog spavin, its just a bit larger than his other ones) I wrapped his legs then took him outside to lunge him in the outside ring where the footing is better and he bucked and ran and played on the lunge line and trotted out extremely sound! It didn't get any bigger and stayed cool... so Im not that worried about it. I'll work him lightly on the lunge when I get a chance this week, and we'll see what he's like on the weekend when C is around.
1 comment:
Very sorry to hear about D's injury - sending best wishes.
Post a Comment