Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Back to normal

D is home! Still has a full arm cast for another couple of days, then they will downgrade him to a smaller cast, and a sling so that he can start moving his elbow again. He was coaching lessons again last night, and helped with the watering (holding the hose in his good hand) He was tired out yesterday when I stopped into the house to see him, but extremely happy to be home.

I remembered why I retired on Sunday, I went in to help and lost my temper a couple of times with the horses when they did stupid stuff. I ended up yelling at Lucas for being pushy, and he got scared of me :( (I can be very force full) I ended up getting close enough to him to talk to him and give him a pet, then I left him alone so I could settle down. When I put his blanket on later he was ok, but I still felt bad.

Last night I went out and made up to him, a good brushing, a couple of apples, and some fun in the indoor. He seemed completely happy again so I guess he didn't take me yelling at him to heart. I'm going to bed early tonight, so I skipped going to the barn. The bump on his leg was just about gone yesterday. C hadn't noticed it all week so it might just be that I am an obsessive horse owner! And hes never been off on it... Hopefully if he gets outside tomorrow Ill ride him again tomorrow night.

My BF is bringing out her 9yo mare (the one I started years ago!) to breed to C and D's 3yo stud. I'm really excited for her :)

No comments: