12 sleeps untill we leave for congress! I almost dont want to go its going to put me into debt. But I promised myself that I was going to do it this year no matter what! I cant let money hold me back.
So am I a crazy halter person?? I like to have horses blanketed... I like to have them living inside (with lots of turn out just inside during the night or when they might get sun bleached.....) Who knows I mean I dont think halter is the end all to be all. Its great for the young horses gets them exposed to lots of stuff before you even get on there backs, and ultimitly you want to be able to ride the horse... If I had a really good halter horse I would only show it halter though just like if I had a really good WP horse I would only show it WP. But it needs to be able to move because some people just arnt like me and would like to ride the horse to.
I know of a bay that is a prime example. He halters, qualified for worlds like 7 times. Goes Grand open gelding at least once per show. He also shows HUS, SMS, HSE, and places really well in these classes as well. At home they jump him. Prime example of what I want, quality, legs, movement and mind!
1 comment:
No, you're not crazy. I'm not showing it's just too expensive, but that's where we go on vacation. I have some friends showing in halter, and I'm counting the days until we leave too.
Good Luck!
Post a Comment