Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Winter is here, well kind of

Being the maritimes we are getting a major windstorm with 100km/hour winds.  It could be worse, it could be snow like Quebec and Ontario are getting!

Chilly is now jogging under saddle!  So cool and relaxed, and apparently very smooth. We're aiming for me to be riding her in another month!  She's very much like her mother, introduce something quietly and calmly, get her thinking and doing it (even if its not completely correct but in the right direction) give her a break and try again the next day with even better results and a more confident horse. 

I cant wait to be riding her.

Oscar is good, but still rough.  Next couple of weeks I'm going to have to ramp up our rides so were both ready for Christmas, me for Chilly and him for his mom to come home from university. 

Chilly got her tail washed and braided up last weekend and I took a couple of pics, she also got her first set of front shoes and was a very good girl.



No comments: