Friday, November 8, 2013

Things are moving faster... at least for Canada

So with the health care system in Canada things can move slowly or quickly, but either way its free!

So we went from a possible 5 year wait time, to less than 2 years in the past week.  I have referrals in to 3 surgeons but the one who will actually do the surgery will most likely see me after another surgeon has passed me on again.  Good news is that my family doctor went to school with the ankle surgeon, and thinks that with my history it should be 2 years or less. (And will be sending an email to the surgeon personal email)

So I still have a long process in front of me, but its a much shorter wait that I thought it was.

The weight loss is going good, down the 3 pounds I gained in September and October, and back on track again.  (Tonight was treat night and I got a burger from Wendy's!)

I did end up doing showmanship with Chilly last weekend, she was very smart and remembered her 'lessons' from when she was a yearling on setting up and standing still.  Also got her to trot in hand and we tried a pivot or two just to ease her into it.

Monday I lunged Oscar and did showmanship and on Tuesday I rode for about 20 min, just to get back into it.  On Monday we got a new sale horse into the barn and I got to ride him on Thursday night!  Hes so much smoother than Oscar!  But was a little 'lookie' and I am glad that Oscar is so solid and non spooky. 

It was fun to get on a new horse and learn and adapt to him quickly.  I'm hoping to start riding Rusty soon, to get more horsey experience under my bum before it comes time to ride Chilly.

Oh and I tried to get pictures of me in my chaps, by myself, but that didn't work.  I need practice with my selfies!  

1 comment:

SheMovedtoTexas said...

Selfies are hard. I'm glad your wait is shorter and congrats on the weight loss. I'm trying to do that myself right now with mixed results.