Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I think I broke my a$$

Loping on Oscar last night was a work out.  I did not appreciate Lucy's lope enough!  Oscar is just so rough, and if he gets into his 'hopping' it is just plain impossible to sit to.  (He literally bounces up and down like Pepe Le Pew)  However I did it, 5 or 6 times around the ring each way.  Even sat though him kicking out at my spur when I was trying to collect him a little bit.  He's really acting like a spoiled lesson horse that's been allowed to get away with murder, he's hauling on my hands, kicking out at the spur, and just generally making me work for each and every step of good work I get out of him.

Chilly is going very well.  C got on her on Sunday and Monday and walked her around under saddle.  I also drove her both days.  Our days of working with her are a little sporadic, but its keeping us slow, and keeps us from putting too much pressure on her.  She is so quiet and easy going it would have been easy to rush this braking in process.  Monday was the first times she's bucked on the lungline, but it was 15 degrees colder than the day before and she had been stuck inside.  She let out one good buck and then settled down and went to work.  That's how I like my babies.

No comments: