Monday, July 1, 2013

Well, I did it.

I swore last spring that all I wanted to do was to be able to ride, walk/jog,  And to have fun on a horse again and to not hurt after every ride.

Since then I've started Actemra and I've found a new chiropractor.

This winter I started loping again and thought about showing a little.

This spring I got a horse going well enough to go show western. 

This summer I've finally ridden in an english saddle again.

I found an old but great condition German made close contact saddle for sale in a price range so close to perfect I couldn't walk away.  ($240 including fittings!) Its got both front and back blocks (which I LOVE) and a semi-flat seat.  Its not the same brand as the German saddles I rode in when I was working for the jumper, but its got everything about it that I loved about his saddles.  And its about the same age as me!  It was recently re-stuffed and from the sweat patterns on Lucy tonight it fits her really well.  I wont ride in it much but its fun to have something different to work on.

Oh and I should have done a ton more rising trot last winter!

As a PS - Lucy is wearing Lucas' "fat girth" a 54 girth with elastic on both ends....  But she is pregnant!

3 comments:

in2paints said...

Looks to be in great condition! Congratulations. I'm so happy that you're feeling better and surpassing your goals. :)

SheMovedtoTexas said...

Congrats on the saddle and to feeling better!

Wolfie said...

How wonderful that you are feeling so much better. Congratulations on your accomplishments and your new saddle. :-)