I did go and have my lesson tonight. On D's suggestion we swapped out her western bit. The ported barrel was working but when I was one handed it didn't give me much adjust ability. It does work great with 2 hands and so that mouth piece will be making the transition to our english bridle.
I ended up riding her in a medium ported bit that was hinged at both sides of the port. It has VERY swept back shanks. I actually should have made the switch a while ago. Within 30 minutes I was riding her one handed with WAY more control, but Lucy was still her happy go lucky 'nose out' self. I think I was settling for 'good' and not looking for the best.
That said our lesson was good we worked on speed and body control and more work on our loping transitions. Poor Lucy is starting to get noticeably in foal. Shes not large by any means but its getting harder for her to carry herself as well as she did a month ago. I can't get mad or upset about it, we knew it would happen we just have to work with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment