Saturday, July 27, 2013

A great Lucas update, and thoughts on things that have happend in the past.

So I went to the local show today and got a chance to talk to Lucas' owners mom.  They are such nice people.  They recently had to leave their original trainer due to some personal issues on the trainers end and had been bouncing around for the past 4 months trying out different boarding barns trying to find the right fit for them and Lucas.  Right after the show at our barn (I had thought he was a touch thin, but no ribs showing or anything) they ended up moving him a final time.  So Lucas now lives at the barn in NG that I took lessons at in 2009 when I was trying to start riding again see this post to get back to my posts at that time. 

Anyways the trainer is a very good trainer and is exactly what Lucas and his owners need.  He's changed the feeding program (and put Lucas back on haylage like he was with me), and is giving his owner lessons.  Herb has also agreed that Lucas can go to the September AQHA show.  (And like I posted before, if you are good enough to meet his approval then you are GOOD).  I'm so happy that they have decided to be part of his program.  Lucas looked great at the show and placed top 3 in every class they did in english and even placed in the western stuff.

So thats the update on Lucas. I had to smile to myself though as I read though some of my old posts from 2009.  I was so happy getting to finally ride once a week again, and to be learning to ride effectively again and not just be on for a pony ride.  And I had a Luck post, of the things I was lucky for and grateful for. 

The past couple of months have been very good for me.  My health has been very good, I can ride multiple times a week, and its FUN again!  I have a great horse to ride and show, and great horse lined up to start riding in September when Lucy goes on maternity leave.  And the plan for next year is for me and D to work on Chilly all winter so I can show her next summer!  Which will be so fun to take a baby around and show her how fun showing can be.

1 comment:

SheMovedtoTexas said...

So glad things are going well for you!