Monday, April 15, 2013

Yup still on the couch...

Really hoping that today will be the last day, but I had a little bit of a cough today so I thought that I better stay home, warm and dry and rest some more.  I will regret not getting my IV way more than I'll regret not getting in a couple of rides this week.  Ty and Karen Hornick are doing a clinic up here on the weekend and I need to be well enough to go to that!

So I found this quiz from A Good Horse, the link is to the test is here and Lucy is a Wall Flower.  Totally fits her.  She's very much a horse that wants to please, but after a point, if you keep pushing you get a road block.  And Lucy is very happy being my walk/trot occasionally loping pony :) 

And if you open the link it goes into more detail about the wall flowers, how they look to there riders/trainers for guidance and reassurance on scary issues and that is completely true of Lucy.  If I get tense and worry about her spooking, and keep a tight hold on her she worries herself into a panic.  If I am calm and in control with a light hand, she relaxes and enjoys herself more.


Your horse is a ... SLAF - The Wall Flower

Wrap these sweet, kind, gentle horses up and keep them safe. They are not very brave and tend to internalize their worries. They want to please and will try very hard for you, but they can be pushed too fast very easily. They make few demands of you and are quite content to perform the same tasks repeatedly as long as you are pleased with them and the jobs are not to strenuous. Quiet enough for the beginner once they understand what is expected of them.
Please Click HERE for a free copy of the full chapter on The Wall Flower

2 comments:

L.Williams said...

Feel better!

SheMovedtoTexas said...

Hope you feel better! Simon was a diva I believe, ha :)