Yup you read that right, on Sunday I rode both Lucy and Oscar yesterday, walk, jog, lope on both of them. Lucy's ride was significantly shorter than Oscar's but I did lope her for the first time. I'm taking today off to recover but other than a headache (from muscle tightness in my back) I feel good.
This is my last week with Oscar as "my" horse. I will miss riding him, his predictability, and stability helped me so much over the past 6-7 months. I was so scared to ride more than just a jog when I first started riding him, but now I can even do the occasional flying change. (But only when we are both feeling 100%). But he HATES being brushed, and I really do love brushing horses so that has always been a sore point between the two of us. So this week he'll be getting a hair cut so that he'll be ready for when his owner comes home early next month, and then he'll have a little break before she starts getting him ready for show season.
I'm still really nervous when I start riding Lucy each time I get on her, shes never given me a reason to think that she'll be bad under saddle, but I guess I have a little residual stress about the first 5 minutes of the ride from Lucas. I am having a lot of fun trying to figure her out, and I always love that part of a new horse partner. Shes very well broke, right now I just need to get both of us used to eachother and to get us fitter.
1 comment:
I also really like the 'learning' part of a new horse partnership. Glad you some nice riding time in!
Post a Comment