Friday, February 1, 2013

RA and horse post all in one

Rheumatoid Arthritis Day is tomorrow!  

And its my birthday in 3 days so tomorrow I'm bringing hotdogs and a cake to the barn.  I'm going off my gluten free diet for one day.  I go in for my scope next Thursday, and I'm still not excited about it but Im not 100% and we need to get to the bottom of it.  I do notice that the gluten free is really helping my RA but my insides are still upset a little too often.

 On the horse front:
Oscar is good, between the wild weather, and no one at the barn (just in case, I never ride without someone on the property) his owner is back this week for spring break, I'm not looking foreword to 'fixing' Oscar again once she goes back to school but he is her horse.  Its not that he gets bad or anything but she lets him get away with his little bad habits and it drives me crazy for a week or two after she leaves because I have to fix it :P

I read this on Mugs blog about a horse she was working with:

"She's taking over because you're not telling her what to do. You're reacting to her instead of directing her, so she takes charge."

Umm wow, was that not me and Lucas??  I was scared to make that first step all the time, so he was often taking over and controlling the situation. And now I'm not scared of being in charge of Oscar and we get along great and he follows my directions.  Makes you think doesn't it??

1 comment:

Justaplainsam said...

Totally Agree! I find with less pressure to produce results I'm more likely to let the horse think more than I used to. Still working on finding a happy medium!