First off I have to say that my Mom finished her Masters in Education today!
Well we had lesson number 3 this morning, both horses were full of it from not being able to run and play outside to much so we both had to lunge a bit longer than usual. Once we got on D had us practice some backing and haunch turns to get the horses moving off our legs, and had me and Oscar doing a couple of spins as well. So we warmed up jogging around and working on picking our horses shoulders up again and moving there hips around. Then we trotted though and over some poles that D set up for us. Then we worked on our loping. D had set up the poles so that we could lope 20 m circles and go though the poles to work on our steering and straightness.
Once we had worked on all of that D, had us do a mini trail course we backed though one set of poles, 90 turn on the haunch for another set of poles, 90 then jog around all of the poles to jog over a set of raised poles. We did ok, but Oscar really picked his legs up to get over the poles which was bouncy, but we did it!
Today I really felt like I was having some good loping moments. I remembered to sit tall and keep my hips loose. I'm still sure that it still doesn't look good, but we're figuring it out.
My big things to remember are to keep my body loose and keep Oscars nose up and to the inside so he can't swap leads on me!
1 comment:
glad that you felt like you had a good lesson
Post a Comment