Sunday, July 1, 2012

Ajusting

So although I shed a few tears yesterday, I'm feeling much better about the decision today.  Every time I start feeling a little sad for myself, I remember how excited "I" was when she found out that she was going to be his new owner, and the grin on her face when she cantered him for the first time.  I'm still sad for me, but I'm happy for Lucas and "I".  

"I" has just turned 16, and this will be her first horse, she's been leasing a horse (which is one of the reasons Lucas is staying put until the end of the month, she had to give notice on that horse) and showing a little but is excited about how much Lucas can teach her over the next couple of years. 

Her coach sent me a message on facebook yesterday thanking me for helping them make "I"'s dream come true.  She said that it was all she talked about on the way home and is really excited.  They live about an hour and a half away so close enough I can go and see him, but not so close that I would worry about seeing him all the time.

I'm kind of excited about having a little more spending money now that I wont be paying for Lucas upkeep, it will be nice to be able to buy a new pair of pants for work without plotting for weeks about it. 

The plan is now to keep playing with Chilly and see how the IV goes next week.  I don't want to buy again right now.  This has been a year of heart break and disappointment.  I'm not sure if I ever want to go though that again.


2 comments:

in2paints said...

It doesn't sound like you could have found him a better home. I know it'll still be hard to see him go, but Lucas sounds like the perfect horse for "I".

Mona Sterling said...

My last horse, who I sold because we just weren't a good match, also went to a girl who was getting her first horse. She's owned George for three years now and they adore each other. It always helps when you feel good about where they're going, even if it hurts to let them go.