Sunday, July 8, 2012

Storm!

So last night, like I said on my last post the weather was a little crazy last night, only I didn't realize how crazy.  Shortly after I posted, the wind and rain picked up big time.  Add in thunder and lightning and me and the dogs were all ready to hide under the bed.  I had left several horses outside (it hadn't been raining very hard, and even the horses that had shelter were out in the field. I didn't think that it was going to thunder and lightning (but if I had known the dogs reactions better I could have been forewarned by them).

So during the worst of it I debated going to go out in it and get them and bring them in.  I called my Dad who was at home (we live 10 minutes from the barn) who told me that the storm had already passed there and should only last 15 min.  So I waited, and when it slowed down to a drizzle I took the dogs out to put hay in the stalls to bring the horses in.  I walked out the front door to find the tree in the front yard had blown over.  Where I am standing in the picture is where the cars park, if the tree had gone the other way it would have taken out C + D's car.

No wonder the dogs were freeking!

Anyways I brought all of the horses in and they had a nice dry night in the barn!

1 comment:

Wolfie said...

Wow, that was some storm! Glad everyone is OK.