Along with all of my other issues that I have, my right hip is set higher than my left. It usually means that Im riding with stirrups that are different lengths, or Im slightly off center. It almost always shows up in the horses I ride sooner rather than latter. When you now combine that with my right ankle only working at 50% my right side is always at a disadvantage. Most of the time I muddle though it, but I have a HUGE problem with some saddles. Unfortunately I found another when I rode on the weekend. Im ok, and I have an appointment with the chiropractor next week to fix it but its not exactly fun right now! I did manage a short little ride again last night, but it was a good confidence booster which I needed. So back to my saddle issues:
Ten years ago I had my first run-in with a saddle that did NOT fit me. It was a lovely semi-custom Antares saddles that was made for the pro rider I was working for. Now Im sure all of you are thinking, well its semi-custom of course it wouldn't fit her! Nope I rode in all of his saddles (in the end I ended up riding in his stirrup length because it worked!) and this was the only one that bothered me. It was so bad I had to leave work the next day, crawl into the truck and drive around town until I found a chiropractor that could fit me in.
I've ridden mostly in Collegiate close contacts and German made saddles since then (Passier and Stubbens) and haven't had a problem until Sunday. I rode in C's cattle penning saddle (think almost a barrel saddle). Ive ridden almost exclusively in Billy Cooks', Hubbard's, and Wengers and I've never had one bother me. But it does give me something to think about when I do go to buy another western saddle, I really need to go with a pleasure seat, and I should seriously try to ride in it before I buy.
I think alot of it has to do with the restriction of my hips and could be why I'm always happier in a flatter seat on a saddle...
No comments:
Post a Comment