Friday, December 16, 2011

Meds are working.... kind of....

Winter is not the best time for me. I can never get warm (especially my feet, they are always cold). I deal with extra layers and heating pads, and heated seats and steering wheels, all of which help. Im sure there are a lot of us dealing with cold and joint pain even if you don't have RA!

Several RA blogers have made today a day to share pictures of our hands. "Like the eyes being the window to the soul, in the case of RA, the hands are the window to the bigger picture" http://thrivewithra.wordpress.com/2011/12/16/raising-my-hand-for-ra-awareness/ I couldn't really get a good shot of my hands, the drift of my fingers isn't that significant thankfully, and my veins in my hands have stayed looking normal thanks to the willingness of my nurses to use veins in my arms.

Today though I made a bit of a great discovery... for the first time in 6 years I can feel and see my knuckle on my right hand more than I can feel swelling. It doesn't look like much in the picture but compare it to the one following it of my left fist and you'll see what I mean:

Right hand in a fist, see the knuckles!!



Left hand in a fist, more swelling, than normal knuckles.







No comments: