We had a good ride tonight, for not riding in a while. He was extremely forward tonight, but I guess that can only be expected. C and D both said that he looked fantastic which was good because it didn't feel so hot every once and a while. He was fighting against the bit a bit but he was driving from behind really really well!
We tried out a new western saddle on last night, the tree itself fit him but the gullet was too low for his big wither. No luck with that one, guess I just have to wait until I can save the money until I can afford a new Hubbards.
We did some trail stuff, but he gets really frustrated with the back thoughts L's and ends up rushing though them. We do it for practice and patience, but he'll never be a trail horse, he HATES the bridge. He will do everything but walk over it. Hes not scared of it, just doesn't like it.
Bad news is that I am apparently extremely allergic to dogs now :( The Nedi-pot has been keeping my nose and sinus clear, but this weekend hanging out with the barn dogs was too much. I'm feeling better now but for 2 days I had an awful runny nose.
No comments:
Post a Comment