Well we got some attitude tonight!!! Lucas front feet actually left the ground tonight about 1 minute into the ride. The figure 8's at a walk and changing direction and size of the circle got him going forward again and we had a fantastic ride after that.
Did alot of work at the trot lifting his belly and shoulders up and driving from behind. Then we did some canter work as well, then threw some transitions into the mix. We had a great ride for the last 20 minutes :) I need to get on him more frequently. He only does that attitude thing when Im not riding him much, its just getting my ass in gear. And the longer Im not on his back the more I think about the bad stuff that could go wrong.
D is very encouraging, and seems to 'get' what I need, and when I need support. He thinks I should be riding more too, and that my horse can handle me (and that I need to stop making excuses!)
I finaly ditched my old black boots and started using my dress boots to ride in. They helped ALOT! My ancles werent rolling like they normaly do which gave me more stability. I went and ordered a pair of full seat breaches that should be in next weekend, which should help with the english riding as well.
1 comment:
LOL, Lucas!! That must mean he's feeling better, right, and his feet are good to go!
I'm glad to hear you had a good ride. :)
Post a Comment