Friday, March 25, 2011

Halter

Well we didn't ride tonight, work has been stressful and I haven't been getting to the barn as early as I would like. Last night one of the boarders halter mares got inseminated with appaloosa semen, hopefully she catches, but she threw the whole barn out of sinc. Tonight I just lunged Lucas and discussed a fitting program with D and C. They both agreed that If we can fine up his neck a bit he should be in good enough shape to carry himself into the ring while looking good for halter.

His big bonus in the show ring is how balanced he is. He has many faults in his front legs but his rear legs are good. He is also has a small fine head, which makes his body look bigger than it is. And hes pretty!

So were in the market for a neck sweat, C has one I can borrow until I get one in but I don't want to do that too often. Hes still fitting into the Med size so I guess his neck isnt that big, just thick looking. Thankfully hes not thick though the throughtlatch so he wont have to wear the fuzzes but he will need to be sweated a couple of times a week.

No comments: