
When I mentioned in my other post about the Marsh I thought I should do another post on what I mean when I say that. Our town (and the city I live in) are near the Bay Of Fundy. It means that there is a constantly changing environment about 2o minutes from my house. Where the Bay of Fundy ends, the Tantramar Marshes begin. Three of the 4 ways to drive into my province are located on the Marsh, and the weather on it can often challenge drivers when trying to get from one side to another. (the one way into Nova Scotia that does not cross the Marsh is literaly less than a km from the Northumberland Straight)
It truly is like no place on earth. The only place I can compare it to is the Prairies of Alberta. When I went to Alberta my aunt and uncle wondered why I wasn't amazed with the flatness of the land that you could see for miles, I replied "but its just like the marsh at home but without the water".
I would invite you to visit http://www.tantramarmarsh.com/ Troy Johnstone's photography explains everything better than I ever could. The Marshes have been used for generations as pasture, and land to make hay on. Thousands of cattle call the Marsh home from April/May until October. You know its spring when the cattle go out.
Fort Beauséjour is located on the edge of the Marsh, and as kids we used to play in the old structures that are still located on the property. There is no better place to sled than on the old embankments!!
1 comment:
The pictures at that link are gorgeous! Very inspiring...
Post a Comment