Saturday, December 4, 2010

New Shoes for Lucas, IV for me

Well I missed a couple of days due to my IV on Thursday night. It wasn't too bad this time. The IV itself is fine. The nurse is extremely nice, and its over and done in about an hour. Its what happens after that sucks. This time however I managed not to run a temp all night, and managed to go to work the next day. I was FROZEN about an hour after it got done though! I had to crank the heat and get layered in blankets to stop shaking. my poor parents were sitting in shorts and t-shirts to stay cool but I just couldn't get warm for hours. (the meds come right out of the fridge and go into me)

Lucas got new shoes late Wednesday night and he was still not happy on Friday night when I went out. He is extremely toed in on his front legs and gets corrective shoeing so that his legs/tendons stay correct. He was very good all summer on a 5 1/2 week schedule but since show season is over the farrier has slacked off and hes been friging around with the shoes Lucas wears to fix a few minor things that he didn't want to touch over the summer. So Lucas now has bar shoes (to support his heals) with 4 little studs for the snow. I ended up giving him a touch of bute last night because his right leg was still warm, but he should be fine by Sunday.

Meanwhile my mom is bitching about the gas bill, but then found out that my dad bought her the Christmas gift on it :) LOL

No comments: