Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Last AQHA show

Well I recoved from the new drugs enough to go to the horse show. The Sunday before we left I could hardly move, and we left on a Wensday. I managed to get Lucas ridden on Wensday night and got him preped for the braider... who didnt show up.... I got up at 6 and he still wasnt braided. Did I mention the fact that he was in Halter that morning?

I got him Lunged and fed and found the braider to get his braids done. The poor kid was just about sick she was so sick but he needed to get done... We won our halter class (the only ones again) and I let him take a nap before our riding class. We've been doing a lunge, for about 10-15 min then a 10 min warm up then a bit of a break (sometimes 5 or 6 min in his stall or I get off him to walk him over to the ring) then right into the class. We got a 5 and a 6 out of seven, hes been anticipaging the right lead canter and I had my left leg on him to the last possible minute and he got the wrong lead. We had a quick and quiet transition back to the trot and then onto the correct lead but we got caught.

2 days later we did our show day over again for the last time this year. Did the halter and won again, which means he ends up with High Point open preformance halter gelding. Did our warm up and went into the ring. I tried for a slightly quieter ride and it worked untill we changed direction, I started anticipating the lead and he started being bad and stoped in the ring. I got him going again but it happened. Everything that beat us is going to the world show and or Congress. It was dissapointing only to get a 5th and 6th but the top 4 or 5 horses were really top class! (including a tom powers top 5, and a couple of world qualifiers)

We have a fun show left to to at the barn this comming weekend. I also get the IV on thursday night :( Hopefullly Ill be feeling good enough to ride firday night or atleast Sat in my classes... Atleast I have 2 in hand classes even if I cant ride (grooming and conditioning, and showmanship)

OH! I forgot to mention that Lucas old owner showed up at the show and thought that he looked awsome. She was really happy to see how happy and helthy that he was. His old trainer also told a mutual friend that he was really happy to see Lucas with somone who apreciated him and enjoyed him.

No comments: