Well we had our fun show at the barn today. Lucas was great, we didnt do well in showmanship because I didnt braid or band, oh well! We won the english pleasure stake (had about 15-16 horses) And he was awesome! He listened and didnt get tense at the loud sounding horses coming up behind him. We then won the Sr Equation, and Sr Pleasure but got second in road hack.... Lucas was tired and I didnt want him to think that he needed to find another gear in the show ring I like the ones he has just fine!
He was getting grumpy and tired but he went and did the class anyways which was what I really wanted to get out of him. That I am the boss, and I dont ask much of him just to do just 4 under saddle classes!
I had my new IV on thursday, ran a temp all night and stayed home sick on friday. Still have a bit of a head acke but much better than last time!!
Im very happy with how Lucas has devoloped this summer. At the first of the summer he was extreamly stressed at our first show and came apart. Now Im worring about if his quality is staying conistant! We'll have a couple of months of easy riding ahead of us, Im hoping to get Lucas a bit more broke for neck reining so I might be able to do some western stuff at the fun shows next year. :) Then we'll start fitting up come Feb/March for the next show season.
1 comment:
Congratulations on your show! Sounds like Lucas was a good boy for you. :)
Hopefully next year will be even better!
Post a Comment