Friday, April 30, 2010

Hes my horse

Although Ive bonded with alot of horses during there training, or when I looked after them I am finaly a horse's person. I dont mean that in a 'he walks all over me' kinda way but when I went to the barn last night Lucas left the round bale and his buddys and walked over to me so I could catch him. He knew more than likely he was going to go to work, but that there would be carrots waiting. Its nice for him to want to be with me even if Im the 'work' lady.

We rode 3 times last week, and 3 times this week, and Im really starting to feel comfortable in my english saddle. Our first show is at the end of May, and Im showing in showmanship, HUS and the HUS stake. Hopefully we'll do well, I'd like first place but for our first show I'll be happy with us working well together. The canter is great the walk is good and the trot is improving so hopefully we wont do too bad. Still working on getting him to lift and drive at the trot but thats coming... and my legs are starting to get stronger!

1 comment:

in2paints said...

Isn't that a great feeling? :)

I definitely belong to Lilly... we spent so much time together during her injury that we became best buds. Now whenever she sees me she whinnies and it isn't just because I have cookies. She's just happy to see me. I love it!

Glad you and Lucas are doing well!