Thursday, April 22, 2010

English Saddle!!

Well on Sunday, my friend came over and did a video of me riding in my English saddle (for the second time...) which was much better than I thought it would be. Im still a little wobbly occasionally during the transitions, but once were going it is OK. Lucas looked good under saddle, I need to allow him to move out during the walk, and I need to let go of him a bit more at the trot (are we seeing a trend??) but other than that we wern't too bad for not having much eyes on the ground.

The chiropractor was out that night and Lucas only had to have a slight adjustment on his sciatic nerve, and only one rib out! He also had a vertebrae pushed in slightly (under the saddle but not a pressure point on either of them) which puzzeled him, until he put both the rib (which is the 1st or 2nd rib) and the vertebrae together. Looks like someone tied him under with just a knot tied in the reins that if he resisted could have pressed into his back and done damage there and to that rib... sigh... On a good note he was very pleased at both the quality of his feet, his weight gain and on how much muscel hes put on.

I rode in my western saddle on Tuesday night, and then in my English again last night (yes two days in a row!!) I managed just to lunge for about 5 min each direction just to warm him up before getting on last night and he stayed good! Today Im off due to the IV drugs but I hope to get out to ride or lunge tomorrow. Karen Evens Mundy is doing a clinic in the area on the weekend that me and a couple of people are hoping to get too, hopefully I'll get a couple of good ideas to work on.

No comments: