Well I didnt even write about the last ride I was so disapointed. He was awfull. Didnt want to do anything I asked him to, spooked at everything was just a general jerk. I thought it might be saddle issues, pain issues (he was due for a trim and he does get a little ouchy around that time) or me issues. I think the main issue was that he was bored and wanted to work as much as I did (none in my case!)
Anyways I went and rode him last night again, making sure I lunged the crap out of him, that he was really working before I got on him. And he was much better last night, I think were starting to figure each other out. I just cant baby him hes not ready for that and it doesnt do any good, he just tries to take advantage of it.
I also sacked him out last night with a coiled lunge line (just softly, more movment than anything actally touching him) It didnt go so well at first, he freaked baked up than jumped sideways. Then he just kinda 'zoned out' just kinda like 'get it over with already' so I patted him, told him he was a good boy all the time still spinning my rope around. He was better by the time I stoped, but not where I would want a 9 year old to be... he acted like an untouched horse. One of these days Id like to get an animal communicater to see if we could find out whats really going on in his head. What happened at the trainers when he came to Canada...
1 comment:
I find that I can't ride Lilly if I'm really not in the mood. She tunes right in and it's just a mess. Perhaps he knew! :)
I had an animal communicator talk to Lilly and it was a lot of fun. She mentioned one thing that was so DEAD on that I knew she was really talking to her. It would be interesting to see what they had to day about him!
Post a Comment