Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Good ride

Had a good ride tonight, Lu needs his feet done so hes stumbling a bit. We lunged for a bit just long troting geting his back freed up and some extra steem off. He still is having some problems picking up his left lead on the lunge line but I think that may be due to his feet starting to need to be done.

He was triping a bit at the trot, so we worked on transitions and bending, and chainging directions while bending. He tryed to pull off a 'if I stop here, maybe she'll get off' halts. I got him going again with some spur, but no big deal untill he tried it again, complete with a head toss and a stomp. Well! My 'training' kicked in, he got a boot and was spinning around on his hock so fast he didnt know what was happening. All of a sudden he was a very well behaved boy. I love geldings!

I think the weirdist thing was how quick I responded. I had him moving again before I had time to go 'oh shit he stoped again' Guess riding all thouse babys fianly paid off in more than just bumps and bruses!

No comments: