So worked all day then spent 2 hours online looking for and at horses with a client via email. Its so hard finding a nice looking horse for a decent amount of money. (and for a kid!) If its broke enough its broken, if it works its too expensive. All we want is simple;
1) broke
2) ok enough mover to show QH (would take slightly less broke or with some soundness issues ie.supplement) but he is a youth
3) not too big (15 hh is fine!)
4)older is fine(to 17 or older if sound)
5) gelding or mare
6) not a 12 hour drive away
And were flexable on most points but were getting responces like "I have this gelding whos 15,000, when we clearly put 6000 and under" Money is the issue we'll deal with anything else. Aparently when you say 'Youth Horse' that means big money. to me that still means sound and safe.
So were still on the hunt but Im at a paint/open show this weekend so i'll ask around.
Its also hard because although I know alot of people, alot of people dont recognize me. This is (I belive) due to being a 'home' trainer, who didnt get to go to many shows, and my body/face changing so much due to the drugs. The locals know me, but I got an email with total BS from a trainer in Que. I mean I saw the horse, I know there were no other horses in that class you 'won' or that division you were 'champion' in.
The other good part is that you get the letters from locals going "I have a great horse that would fit in your program", or "I just dont have time for him this year, do you remember him last year? hes about the same" When the horse was broke but just but got around the ring just fine.
Anyways Im off to find out about some young stuff that I broke thats been sold on a few times, maybe I can get one of them back ..........
No comments:
Post a Comment