Saturday, August 23, 2014

Off topic,

Chilly is good, as we near the end of my 'lease' were starting to do the advertising, and test rides that come with putting a horse up for sale.  I'm a bit sad about it, but I knew going in that this was not a horse I could purchase, and that we would have fun together this summer but go our separate ways in the end.

We had a person come and try her out last week.  It was hard having someone pick your pony apart and watching her ride, but Chilly handled herself wonderfully, and was excellent and I was so pleased with how she behaved with a strange rider on her back.

We're talking about putting Lucy back to work and I think she's 50/50 on that idea, I moved her to a new pasture today and after I turned her loose, I tried to catch her again to fix her halter and she casualty walked quickly away, I think she liked the new grass more than me!

In other RA related news, one of my side effects of my drugs has been extreme hair loss/thinning of all of my hair.  On one hand it means I only shave my legs about every two weeks in the summer, on the other, my hair on my head is desperately thin and you can see my scalp all over. When I put my hair up in a pony tail I have a hard time finding elastics small enough, and my pony tail is much thinner than the thickness of a person's baby finger (think about the thickness of a pencil, and that is all of my hair).

My brother is getting married in October and my biggest worry is how my hair (or lack of) was going to look in all of his photos.  Apparently my mom was thinking the same thing, last night she picked me up at work and we spent just over 2 hours at a hairdresser/wig shop.

And we came home with a hair piece.  I wasn't sure about the entire process but I love the final look.  Its so easy to put on, just 4 little hair clips, and it looks like my hair!  The girls at work will know is different, but everyone else was so used to seeing me in ball hats they just thought I got my hair highlighted and better shaped.


1 comment:

Justaplainsam said...

Nope all the hair you see in that picture is fake! It's crazy nice not to try and fuss with my hair, I just wash, blow dry and straighten my ends and put it on and done!