Well it was an interesting weekend. I was scared to death that Chilly would be crazy but she was absolutely excellent. We didn't get as much help as I would have liked from the clinic, but it was such a good weekend with Chilly that I didn't mind that much.
Stuff that Chilly has now done that she's never done before-
-got on a trailer
-ridden in a strange pen
-ridden in a huge outside pen.
-got used to an announcing system
-got used to crowds and people walking around the show ring.
-ridden in spurs
-Stayed in a new barn for a couple of nights
-Ridden with more than 3 horses in the ring (9!)
I really wished I had been loping more, and I would have gotten more out of the clinic but I just wasn't ready. Somtimes that happens. But J was very happy with the progress that she's made at the jog and that if we work as hard at the lope as we have with the jog we will be on our way..
Chilly was very board at being stuck in her stall all weekend though. We had a good ride on Saturday, but after that it was too crazy with the trade show to take her out and she was a bit stiff and pissed at me by the time Sunday came around.
The security guards told us she kicked most of the night so its something we'll need to keep an eye on at the shows. She also managed to kick a board out of her stall on Saturday night, but she didn't hurt her self, so that was a good thing.
And then even though I played it safe (bed every night by 9, staying warm and dry, not walking on concrete too much) I'm home sick today. This sucks. Why can't I have a good weekend with my friends and horses without getting sick?
1 comment:
That list is quite an accomplishment for Chilly! Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. :-(
Post a Comment