On Wednesday night I came home to a phone call from an orthopedic surgeon located about 2 hours away. (only 20 minutes from the old boss's place) Thinking I would now get an appointment 2-5 months away, when I called on Thursday morning I was surprised by the receptionist asking if I could come THIS Monday. Even the receptionist at my RA specialist was surprised when I told her when my appointment was.
So now we go on Monday morning to get a ton of x-rays done before I see him. He sounds like he runs a good office as his receptionist was very understanding of the distance we were traveling and told me that I would have lots of time to ask him questions, and not to worry if we got held up in x-ray before my appointment.
I'm scared but hopeful.
On the horse front Chilly is doing excellent with D. Hes ridden her about 3 times this week and is really pushing her to jog and use her body. Hes getting her tired, but shes staying sweet and happy at the end of the rides which is what we all want. I went out on Thursday night and did some showmanship with her and she was excited to see me and get some cuddles while we practiced setting up, turns and trotting.
I got some pictures of her on my cell phone that I will try to add later. She looks so grown up now! And so much like her mother!
I got to ride Oscar Monday and Tuesday. Took Wednesday off to do some laundry (and googling the new doctor) and did showmanship with him on Thursday as well. He also got some free time in the arena and rolled a bunch and then spent the rest of his time pretending to be scared of the cow. Shes been in that location for over 3 months, you think he would get over it already!
3 comments:
Good luck!
Good luck with your appointment and new doctor!
Prayers! Hope your appointment goes well!
Post a Comment