I managed to finally get out to the barn last night to ride. Lucy was in the farthest pasture from the barn enjoying the lovely waist high grass. She wasn't happy to leave it and that kind of set the tone for the rest of the night.
Its not that she was bad, she just wasn't herself. I did notice when I was tacking her up she had some large fly bites on her tummy, and one was between her elbow and her girth. (a round raised bump about as big as my thumbnail and about 2/3 cm raised) I did use a fleece girth but I think that it was still pushing against the girth when she moved. She wasn't off (she trotted sound with the saddle on and with me on her back) but she just wasn't with the program. Normally I work on slowing her down, last night it was all I could do to keep her going at the lope.
I cold hosed her belly when I was done and C thinks that the minor swelling should go down in another day or two. Hopefully it was just an off day.
3 comments:
I hope too it was just an off day
Gosh, those bites sound brutal. I hope the swelling has disappeared.
Hate flies. Hope she is better next time!
Post a Comment