Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Breakthrough!

We had a moment tonight!  We warmed up pushing her hips around then moving into doing the same at a jog.  We then thew in some jog squares pushing her front end around (almost a turn on a haunch at each corner) also mixed in some two tracking (I was going to do side passing as well but was so happy with her lope I got off before I remembered to do them!). 

Her lope was great tonight, slow, easy, light and loose though her entire body but rocked back on her haunches enough to keep a good stride.  She's really getting it!  I could even pick her up and rock her back without her getting upset or breaking, she just sat back and slowed down.  Such a smart little mare!  I yelled at D to come watch from the other end of the barn I was so happy with her.  I hope to ride tomorrow night then I've got my IV on Thursday. Hopefully the rain will be up by then as we really need some accumulation time in the outdoor before the show next month,  And then back to a lesson on Saturday.

2 comments:

SheMovedtoTexas said...

Yay! Good girl :)

Wolfie said...

Yipee!! She's a good girlie. Love the new header picture, BTW!!